What makes Airdrie so great?
The City of Airdrie is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada with 70,564 people located 10 minutes north of Calgary. With a wide range of housing options available in both new and established neighbourhoods, people are discovering that Airdrie offers a small town lifestyle with big city amenities.
Quick Facts about Airdrie
- Location - Calgary-Edmonton Corridor (Queen Elizabeth II Highway-Provincial Highway #2) 32 kilometres north of the City of Calgary (city centre)
- Elevation - 1,089 m (3,573 ft)
- Population - 70,564 (2019 Civic Census)
- Local Economy - Local and regional retail, construction, manufacturing and professional services
- Variety of Schools
- Public library
- Health Care facilities
- Genesis Place houses pools; a water slide; gymnasiums; indoor field house, fitness centre and more.
- Our regional recreation complex is equipped with twin ice surfaces and a gymnastics club.
- Professional golf course located within city limits; the Woodside Golf Course.
- Bert Church Theatre offers a live, stimulating fusion of professional and amateur productions
- The Airdrie Pro Rodeo attracts professional cowboys from all over North America allowing you to sit as close as you can get to all the action.
- The City of Airdrie is dedicated to ensuring parks take prominence in all developments and miles of pathways add to the beauty of our City, linking our neighbourhoods.
- In December, the Festival of Lights attracts over 100,000 people to discover the magic of Christmas.
Climate - Average Temperature
Maximum temperature: -2.8 Celcius
Minimum temperature: -15.1 Celcius
Maximum temperature: 22.9 Celcius
Minimum temperature: 9.4 Celcius
Annual precipitation: 412.6 mm
Days of sunshine: 332.9
Winds speed: 14.8 km/h W and NW
Source: Environment Canada